There is a famous saying in India about Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh: “Banaras ki morning, Awadh ki evening.” “Awadh” means “Lucknow. And Lucknow is a city which is world famous for its manners, tastes, and tastes. The buildings here have a splendid history. Not only this, Lucknow has made an important contribution to the country’s politics and art, with a distinct identity in language, food, and drink.
- The origin & history of Lucknow is genuinely fascinating not just to historians but also to the commoner. The history of Lucknow can be seen back in the ancient times of the Suryavanshi Dynasty.
- It is said that Lakshmana, Lord Rama’s brother, laid the ancient Lucknow’s foundation near the Gomti River on an elevated piece of land which was called Lakshmanpur, at that time.
- The city was noticed only during the 18th Century.
- In 1720, the great Mughal emperors began to appoint Nawabs to ensure smooth administration in the province.
- In 1732, Mohammad Amir Saadat Khan was appointed as the ruler of Awadh, in which Lucknow was a significant province.
- From this point, the powerful Nawabs dynasty began to change this unknown place’s history, and under the rule of the Nawabs, Lucknow flourished like never before.
- After 1755, Lucknow developed by leaps and bounds under the control of the fourth Nawab Asaf-ud-Daula.
- Lucknow advanced in every aspect, including poetry, music, dance, and the other more refined aspects of the lifestyle of the people of Lucknow.
- When the British came to India, Lucknow was made into an administrative capital.
- Many revolts during the British rule by Indian radicals and many dreadful incidents left Lucknow with bad memories.
- However, Lucknow was declared the capital of the state of Uttar Pradesh by the Government of India after its independence. Since then, it has progressed beautifully, skillfully merging the past with the present.
BHARAT MAHOTSAV 2022 LUCKNOW
Date : Nov 30, 2022 – Dec 14, 2022 Location : Smriti Upvan, Jalvayu Vihar, Ashiyana, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226012,...
Lucknow Charbagh Railway Station
Location : Charbhag Railway station, Lucknow Entry Fee & Timings : Charbhag Railway station open 24 hours all days in...
Universities In Lucknow
List Of Government Universities in Lucknow 1 – KGMU Lucknow – King George’s Medical University Address : Shah Mina Rd, Chowk,...
Janeshwar Mishra Park
Address : Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010 Opening Time : Janeshwar Mishra Park open from 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM, 2:00...
Gomti Riverfront Park Lucknow
Location : Jiamau, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010 Opening Timing : Gomti River Front Park open from 06:00 AM to 10:00...
Ambedkar Memorial Park
Address : Vipul Khand 2, Vipul Khand 3, Vipul Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010 Opening Time : Ambedkar Park open...
Ram Manohar Lohia Park
Address : Vipin Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226010 Opening Timings : Ram Manohar Lohia Park open on all days of...